Hello and welcome to my little health corner on the Internet. Here is where I love to write and share my passion for health and healthy food. I started this blog as a place to share and organize my recipes with my family and friends. I think we live in an amazing place where we can grow food from a tiny seed and watch it grow into something that can nourish us. I’m fascinated by it and everything natural in nature – from the blossoms blooming on my apricot trees to the lentils sprouting to life on my kitchen counter.
I invite you to discover my simple and nourishing recipes that are mainly vegetarian and vegan. I do incorporate some wild fish, organic yogurt and bone broth in my recipes. These food items made me feel better when I struggled with my vegan lifestyle. But I never gave up my love for plants and green juices! After 25 years of experimenting with different eating styles I have understood that there are two things to completely trust:
1. your body signals, telling you what is right and wrong for your health.
2. organic nutrient dense foods that have fantastic effects on your body to help heal, nourish, and supply you with energy.
You should know that I’ve always had a passion for health and food! It’s all I ever think about. I’m obsessed with it and it drives my family crazy. But my food obsession comes from health issues that I’ve dealt with in the past and my mom passing away when I was two years old. These two things drove me to where I am today.
The best thing I could have done for myself was learn how to become my own health expert. After nutrition school a big light bulb went off in my head and I knew I had to stop relying on doctors for answers. I needed to become proactive in my own health journey and that meant changing my diet and my attitude. I am now my own personal health expert and feel much better for it!
Since I’ve changed my eating & lifestyle habits these things happened:
• My acne cleared up.
• My digestive system went from being a mess to feeling great.
• My ongoing anxiety and depression dissipated. I no longer need to take anti-depressant drugs.
• My heart palpitations are pretty much gone.
• No more migraines unless I eat a food allergen.
A little about me:
I’m a registered holistic nutritionist.
I have a passion for food and health.
I only like to make simple and nutritious food.
I don’t reside in one country, but two.
I love hiking and taking long walks on the beach with my sweetie.
I love to travel & explore new places.
I love growing my own vegetables.
I have three children and three cats.
I’m a grandma of one adorable granddaughter.
I love arguing about anything and everything.
I will never turn down dark chocolate.
My water bottle is my best friend.
Here’s what you can expect to learn and enjoy on this blog:
• Meals that are quick and easy to prepare
• Meal plans to fit your specific needs.
• Nutritional advice. Including supplements for a healthy family.
• How to make your own cleaning and beauty products.
• Healthy eating travel tips. I love to explore vegan restaurants, spas, and hot springs.
Get in Touch!